Emergency Care Center
The purpose of the Emergency Care Center at Self Regional Medical Center is to provide quality care for all patients who arrive at the hospital 24 hours a day, regardless of age, race, religion or ability to pay, as defined by federal and state laws. See our visitation policy
- Provide quality care to all patients in accordance with Self Regional Healthcare Policies and Standards of Care.
- Provide adequate and appropriate licensed staff to meet the needs of the patient census 24 hours a day.
- Provide treatment to patients within a reasonable period of time, depending on the critical nature of the injury or illness.
- Provide referral to specialty areas.
- Provide ongoing performance improvement monitoring utilizing the Total Quality Transformation Process when applicable.
- Ensure all staff members within the Emergency Care Center receive appropriate training to maintain skills needed for this specialty department.
- Provide appropriate discharge instructions and follow-up care.
- Keep open communication with ancillary departments.
Skill level of personnel
The Emergency Care Center is staffed by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practioners, assistant clinical managers, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, secretaries and technicians.