At any given time, about six million Americans suffer from problem wounds. There are many types of wounds. Some are associated with complications from diabetes and other related vascular disorders. Other types include pressure ulcer, surgical, and traumatic wounds. Self Regional Healthcare’s Wound Healing Institute utilizes the most up-to-date approaches to wound healing and stays current in new scientific advances in wound care.
A Team of Specialists
The Wound Healing Institute is designed to complement your physician’s services and is committed to treatment of problem wounds. The institute is made up of a team of professionals that includes:
• Physicians with advanced training in wound management.
• A nursing staff with advanced training in acute and chronic wounds.
• Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies.
• An experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records and health insurance processing.
Wound Treatment Program
You will undergo a thorough diagnostic examination to identify the type of wound you have and the underlying problems causing the wound. A program designed to meet your needs will be initiated based on the most effective treatment options.
Your treatment plan may include:
• Selection of appropriate dressings and advanced modalities.
• Vascular screening
• Evaluation for orthodics and equipment
• Advanced foot and nail care
• Ostomy Care
Additional Services that may be ordered:
• Nerve conduction studies/electromyography
• Infection disease management
• Vascular testing
• Laboratory evaluation
• Nutritional management
• Lymphedema management
• Pain management
• Diabetes Education
• Nuclear Medicine
• Home Health Services
Once a treatment plan has been initiated, you will visit the Wound Healing Institute on a regular basis for wound care. You will be instructed on how to participate in your own wound care at home between visits, as well as how to protect your wound from further complications, or you may need a visiting nurse to assist you with wound care.
Please contact a member of our staff with any questions you may have regarding your treatment at (864) 725-4138.
Wound Healing Institute
Self Regional Healthcare
138 Wells Avenue
Greenwood, S.C. 29646