Maps & Directions
Directions to Self Regional Medical Center from Charlotte via I-77 / Chester.
This route is about 125 miles from downtown Charlotte.
- Head south from Charlotte on I-77 to Chester.
- Approximately 36 miles from Charlotte, take Exit #65 / Hwy 9 - Chester.
- Turn right after exit and drive about nine miles to Chester.
- At the first red light, turn left in order to stay on Hwy 9 (where a sign points to Whitmire).
- After about two miles, turn left at red light on to Highway 72 South. (A BP Station is on the right across intersection).
- Drive toward Whitmire.
- You'll pass through Carlisle after about 15 miles. (Carlisle is midway between Charlotte and Greenwood).
- Stay on Highway 72 headed to Whitmire.
- When the road becomes four lanes, keep in the right lane.
- In Whitmire the four lanes split; take the right fork to stay on Highway 72.
- At the stop sign, turn right to stay on Highway 72 and head toward Clinton (which is about 18 miles).
- You will cross over I-26 just before you get to Clinton.
- After I-26, take turn left at the first red light on to Highway 72/56 truck route. (Don't go straight, which is 72 business.)
- Follow the 72/56 truck route around Clinton.
- Go past the intersection where 56 splits off from 72
- Turn left at the next intersection to stay on 72 West; a sign will point left to Greenwood.
- Highway 72 will pass through the villages of Mountville and Clarks Hill and then pass over Lake Greenwood.
- As you enter Greenwood, you'll pass several manufacturing plants and the Civic Center (on the left).
- After two minor red lights, you will turn left at the next red light in order to stay on Highway 221.
- You will go through two red lights and then turn right at the third light on to Marshall Road.
- Stay on Marshall Road as it crosses South Main Street.
- The hospital is two blocks on the right. Taking a right the next light will lead to the visitor parking lot.