Keeping the community safe:
Self Regional Healthcare urges everyone to heed CDC guidance on handwashing, physical distancing and masks, and encourage the same among your friends and family members. These practices will save lives.
- Click here for COVID-19 vaccination questions and concerns
- Click here for COVID-19 vaccination information.
- Click here for the COVID-19 community testing/vaccination event calendar.
COVID-19 Symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
If you have these symptoms: Lakelands residents, call the COVID-19 Screening Line at (864) 725-8200. You will be asked a series of questions and advised accordingly.
Protect yourself and others. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus in the first place. You can carry the virus to others even without ever feeling sick yourself.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap, and often.
- Wear a mask in public, one that covers your mouth and nose, even if you don’t feel sick.
- Practice “social distancing.” Avoid face-to-face interaction with other people as much as possible. If you can, stay home. Move meetings, classes, book club and other in-person gatherings online. If you must be around other people, keep a recommended six feet distance between you and others and wear a mask. Even if you don’t feel sick, cover your mouth with the inside of your elbow for coughs and sneezes.
- If you do feel sick, stay home. Call your doctor or the SRH Coronavirus Screening Line (864) 725-8200 for guidance.
- If you’d like to be tested, see our community testing calendar for dates and locations, and pre-register for one of our drive-thru testing centers.
COVID-19 Vaccinations Moving Back to Support Services Center
Visitor Policy and Restrictions
Beginning Monday, August 23, we will implement a change to the Visitation Policy which will continue to safeguard patients, guests and team members, as COVID-19 numbers continue to rise. For details, click here.
Helpful Links for the most up-to-date information and advice:
- CDC Coronavirus page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- SCDHEC Coronavirus page: https://www.scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- Home quarantine instructions: https://www.selfregional.org/home-quarantine-instructions-covid19/
Coronavirus Screening for Lakelands Residents
If you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call the COVID-19 Screening Line at (864)725-8200, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. This line is only for residents of the 7 counties in our service area in South Carolina: Greenwood, Laurens, Edgefield, Newberry, Saluda, McCormick and Abbeville. On the call you will be asked a series of questions and advised accordingly.
If you meet the DHEC criteria for testing, you will be scheduled to appear at our drive-through COVID-19 specimen collection site where a swab will be collected. Patients who are directed to this drive-through site will stay in their cars while a nurse who is wearing protective gear and trained in infection control collects the sample from outside the vehicle.
Only come to the Self Regional Emergency Department when there is a true medical emergency. If you are symptomatic or think you have been exposed, it’s important that you call ahead before arriving at your physician’s office, ED or other healthcare facility to let them know.
If you show symptoms, your healthcare provider and public health staff will evaluate whether you can be cared for at home. If it is determined that you do not need to be hospitalized and can be isolated at home, you should strictly adhere to the instructions provided here for the duration of your recovery, for the safety of others in your household and the public at large. Remain in quarantine until a healthcare provider or local or state health department says you can return to your normal activities.