Self Regional Healthcare Recruiting Student Volunteers to Work at Medical Center
(Greenwood, SC, March 19, 2015) – Self Regional Healthcare’s Volunteer Services department is now accepting applications for student volunteers for the summer.
Student volunteers are an important part of the health system’s volunteer program, and offer young adults a first-hand experience into the day-to-day operations of a healthcare environment. Self Regional has a maximum of 35 slots for high school volunteers, so students are encouraged to begin and submit their applications prior to the April 17 deadline.
Student volunteers work an average of 50 hours during the course of the summer, or about 10 hours per week. Each student will receive a broad exposure to the healthcare industry, which is often an opportunity to experience a healthcare career firsthand, said Sandra Williams, director of Volunteer Services.
“We have a wonderful track record with our student volunteers,” said Mrs. Williams. “A number of our current team members first came to ‘work’ at Self Regional as a student volunteer, and fell in love with the opportunities a healthcare career has to offer. Because we are able to offer students the chance to choose some of their areas of interest, our students have a unique experience during their summer with us.”
To learn more, high school students are encouraged to talk with their guidance counselors or download the 2015 Student Volunteer Applications here.
Applying to the Student Volunteer Program:
Self Regional accepts 35 students each summer for the summer volunteer program.
Application criteria includes:
- Applicants must be a full-time student, at least 15 years old and in the 9th grade with a minimum of a “C” average.
- Student’s counselor will be contacted by Volunteer Services for a recommendation for the applicant.
- During the course of the summer (June 8-July 30), student volunteers are expected to complete 50 hours of service, an average of 10.5 hours per week.
- The department will work with the student on placement and rotation throughout different departments and scheduling.
- All applications are due by April 17 (Late applications will not be considered)
- Return completed applications via email to Terri Arthur at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Self Regional Healthcare Volunteer Services, 1325 Spring Street, Greenwood, S.C. 29646
- Download the 2015 Student Volunteer Applications here, or visit your high school guidance office.
(And if you’re not a high school student, but are interested in volunteering at Self Regional, contact Volunteer Services at (864) 725-4878 to find out about available opportunities.)