Home Health Services serves the counties of Greenwood, Abbeville, Edgefield, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry and Saluda by providing skilled and personal medical care from the comfort of home.
Home care is a convenient, cost-effective alternative to traditional inpatient hospital care and is provided under the supervision of a physician.
Our comprehensive services include skilled nursing, physical therapy, speech therapy, nursing assistants, social work, occupational therapy, pastoral care services and nutritional guidance. Self Pay plans are available and we accept most insurance.
Shared medical record program and community a liations allow seamless collaboration for consistent communication between Home Health services and facilities as well as smooth Hospice and palliative care transition.
We also provide family support and education to keep loved ones involved in the care process. As a part of Self Regional Healthcare, Home Health Services provides access to advanced health care services and an expanding range of specialty care services.
Serving Greenwood, Abbeville, Edgefield, Laurens, McCormick, Newberry and Saluda counties.
Our professional registered nurses provide skilled health care services in the comfort of home according to physician instructions. The following services are available seven days a week and on call 24/7 from our experienced sta :
- Providing nursing care plan, services, treatments
and preventative procedures for the patient’s care
- Observing signs and symptoms and reporting
to the physician reactions to treatments, including medicines and changes in the patient’s physical or emotional condition
- Teaching, supervising and counseling the patient and family members about nursing care needs
- Providing inclusive discharge summary for the
- Providing advanced nursing services, including
I.V. therapy, hyperalimentation, wound care and home
- Telemonitoring system upon Dr.s request to report
weight and vitals daily
- Registered physical therapists provide skilled care for patients with temporary or permanent disability or pain:
- Evaluation and testing of
joint mobility, strength, posture, gait, brace or arti cial limb t and function
- Strengthening exercises and mobility activities to help regain lost muscle control
- Treatment to decrease or relieve pain
- Evaluation and treatment of children with decreased
- Providing rehab following orthopedic injuries, joint
replacements and amputations
- Evaluation and testing of
Our occupational therapists help patients learn skills to improve and restore quality of life and independence with these services:
• Providing treatment to restore muscle tone and
ability to perform or resume everyday activities • Evaluating and establishing goals to maximize independence in the home
- Guiding and instructing patients in prescribed
therapeutic self-care and creative activities
- Teaching family members how to participate in and
continue the treatment process
- Home management of neurologic, cardiac and
The certified speech pathologist evaluates, plans and implements these treatment programs for communication disorders:
- Evaluating patient for expressive and receptive language disorders
- Planning and providing a comprehensive speech therapy program for the patient and assisting family members in training and techniques
- Treatment of swallowing disorders
- Trach assessment and education
Medical Social Services
Our staff social workers provide people with skills and support in addressing challenges they face:
- Assessing and enhancing ability to address medical,
emotional and environmental issues
- Helping patients and family members obtain
services needed for rehabilitation
- Utilizing health, welfare and community resources
to support patients in returning to life in the community
Home Health Aides
All home health aides are trained in the agency’s in-service program under the direction of our nursing and para-medical staff and have at least one year of patient care experience in an accredited hospital.
Home health aides are experienced in providing the following services:
• Helping the patient perform personal hygiene
• Assisting patients in moving around the home
• Helping to maintain a healthful, safe environment
• Assisting with certain rehabilitation treatments when ordered by the physician and approved and supervised by the nurse
Home Health Services also offers high-tech home telemonitoring. Patients are clinically managed seven days a week in addition to scheduled visits. This gives patients and family members a sense of security knowing that a nurse is assessing them daily.
To contact Health Home Services or make a referral, call (864) 725-7600.
The mailing address for Home Health Services is 1325 Spring Street, Greenwood, S.C. 29646.