NEW – There’s now an accredited Breast Imaging Center of Excellence right here in Greenwood. Click here for more information.
The Cancer Center at Self Regional Healthcare is dedicated to providing our patients with integrated and comprehensive cancer treatments that are designed with the patient in mind.
People with the most common types of cancer – breast, prostate, lung, colon, gynecologic and skin cancers, as well as many other cancers, can receive the care they need close to home at Self Regional Cancer Center. We combine the latest technologies with nature-inspired design and compassionate care to treat the disease and help patients regain control of their health. Our physicians use a multidisciplinary and individualized approach to treatment. Here, all services are in one place, providing a sanctuary where the body, mind and spirit are treated as one.
One of the most powerful tools for fighting cancer is radiation therapy. Our board-certified radiation oncologists and specially trained staff provide a wide spectrum of radiotherapy services including:
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IBRT)
- Image-guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Sterotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Partial Breast Irradiation
Clint Wood, M.D. and Matthew Cousins, M.D. are our board-certified radiation oncologists.
We follow the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines, which allow us to provide our patients with care that is high in quality and effectiveness. Our board-certified oncologists/hematologists and specially trained staff provide patients with a wide range of hematology/medical oncology services including:
- Advanced Genomic Testing
- Oral Chemotherapy
Joanna Metzner-Sadurski, M.D., Ruiling Yuan, M.D. and Ahmad Rahal, M.D. are our board-certified medical oncologists and hematologists.
Surgery is a vital component of cancer treatment and often is used in conjunction with radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Our board certified, specialized surgeons are prepared to help those diagnosed with cancer who can benefit from surgery.
NEW Varian Edge Radiosurgery
The Cancer Center at Self Regional Healthcare is home to various state-of-the-art technology, including Varian Edge. It’s designed to effectively treat a wide range of cancer including those in the lung, brain and spine, and allows our oncologists to deliver powerful, precise treatments to radiosurgery candidates – no incisions necessary. To learn more about Edge Radiosurgery, click here.
Mobile Mammography Unit
Our Mobile Mammography Unit is a new convenient way to receive yearly breast screenings.
The bus features high-quality digital images and is performed by a female ARRT registered mammographer in a completely private environment. The images are read by Self Regional’s dedicated breast radiologist. Appointments and walk-ins are welcome and take only about 15 minutes. The bus travels to six different counties and can be scheduled for your place of business to serve your employees. Click here to learn more about the Mobile Mammography Unit.
3D mammography, also known as tomosynthesis, combines multiple breast X-rays to create a three-dimensional picture of the breast. These multiple images help doctors see a clearer view of breast masses, making it easier to detect breast cancer. Learn more about 3D Mammography here.
High Risk Breast Clinic
The Self Regional Healthcare Breast Center is now offering a High Risk Breast Clinic. This clinic provides risk reducing practices for individuals identified with a high lifetime risk of developing breast cancer. It’s a proactive approach to reducing your risks for developing breast cancer and a personalized approach to early detection. Learn more about the High Risk Breast Clinic here.
Patient and Family Support Services
We realize cancer is more than a medical diagnosis. In order to meet all of your needs, we provide the following services:
- Survivorship Care Plan is a document that is personalized and given to each patient and serves as a guide map – walking patients through their cancer journey.
- Oncology Navigator helps patients, families and caregivers through the complex maze of treatments, tests and appointments from diagnosis to post-treatment.
- Nutritional counseling is available for cancer prevention, weight control and maintenance, as well as nutrition for cancer patients while undergoing treatment.
- Social services address the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, help with community referrals and facilitate financial support.
- Financial services help patients deal with complex financial issues that may arise during cancer care.
- On-site Laboratory, (staffed by certified medical laboratory technicians), offers hematology and chemistry testing.
- Lymphedema Treatment is administered by a licensed occupational therapist to provide preventative education and postoperative treatment.
- Yoga classes are offered to help with the healing process for qualifying patients and survivors.
- Support groups meet regularly to help patients cope with the frustration and fears associated with a cancer diagnosis.
- Genetic counseling is designed for anyone who is concerned about his or her risk of developing cancer based on family history or personal medical history.
- Pastoral care is offered for the diverse spiritual needs of patients and families.
- Medical Library, located in Self Regional Medical Center, is stocked with information on any health matter.
- Rehabilitative Services help patients build strength, reduce stress and regain independence during and after treatment.
Clinical Research Trials
Through our participation in research trials with the National Cancer Institute and our partnership with the Hollings Cancer Center Clinical Trials Network at the Medical University of South Carolina, our patients have access to the most advanced technologies and treatments available while remaining close to home. Click here for more information and for a list of current trials.
Our Healthcare Team
With more than 60 years of experience, our team of highly skilled physicians is dedicated to our patients and the community in which they work and live. Our physician staff includes three board-certified medical oncologists and two board-certified radiation oncologists who are supported by a specially trained and compassionate staff that includes a radiation physicist, a dosimetrist, pharmacists, radiation therapists and oncology nurses.
The Cancer Center accepts new hematology and oncology patients; please call (864) 725-7353 to make an appointment today. Patients who have confirmed oncology diagnoses will be scheduled within 48-hours of referral from primary care physician.
Please search our physician directory online or call (864) 725-6058 for the name of a physician in your area.
Medical Oncology appointments: Call 725-7100
Radiation Therapy appointments: Call 725-4741
2018 and 2019 Annual Reports
View the 2019 Cancer Center Annual Report (PDF)
View the 2018 Cancer Center Annual Report (PDF)