NEW – 3D Mammography now available at Self Regional Healthcare. Click here for more information.
The Cancer Center at Self Regional Healthcare is dedicated to providing our patients with integrated and comprehensive cancer treatments that are designed with the patient in mind.
People with the most common types of cancer – breast, prostate, lung, colon, gynecologic and skin cancers – as well as many other cancers, can receive the care they need close to home at Self Regional Cancer Center. Here we combine the latest technologies with nature-inspired design and compassionate care to treat the disease and help patients regain control of their health. Our physicians use a multidisciplinary and individualized approach to treatment. Here all services are in one place, providing a sanctuary where the body, mind and spirit are treated as one.
Self Regional Cancer Center is recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative Certification Program and is accredited by the American College of Surgeons, receiving the Outstanding Achievement Award for meeting or exceeding standards of care.
NEW – Varian Edge Radiosurgery Now Available. Click here to view the brochure.
One of the most powerful tools for fighting cancer is radiation therapy. Our board certified radiation oncologists and specially trained staff provide a wide spectrum of radiotherapy services including:
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IBRT)
- Image-guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Sterotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Intracranial Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Partial Breast Irradiation
We follow the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines, which allow us to provide our patients with care that is high in quality and effectiveness. Our board certified oncologists/hematologists and specially trained staff provide patients with a wide range of hematology/ medical oncology services including:
- Advanced Genomic Testing
- Oral Chemotherapy
Surgery is a vital component of cancer treatment and often is used in conjunction with radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Our board certified, specialized surgeons are prepared to help those diagnosed with cancer who can benefit from surgery.
Patient and Family Support Services
We realize cancer is more than a medical diagnosis. In order to meet all of your needs, we provide the following services:
- Survivorship Care Plan is a document that is personalized and given to each patient and serves as a guide map – walking patients through their cancer journey.
- Oncology Navigator helps patients, families and caregivers through the complex maze of treatments, tests and appointments from diagnosis to post-treatment.
- Nutritional counseling is available for cancer prevention, weight control and maintenance, as well as nutrition for cancer patients while undergoing treatment.
- Social services address the psychosocial needs of patients and their families, help with community referrals and facilitate financial support.
- Financial services help patients deal with complex financial issues that may arise during cancer care.
- On-site Laboratory, (staffed by certified medical laboratory technicians), offers hematology and chemistry testing.
- Lymphedema Treatment is administered by a licensed occupational therapist to provide preventative education and postoperative treatment.
- Yoga classes are offered to help with the healing process for qualifying patients and survivors.
- Support groups meet regularly to help patients cope with the frustration and fears associated with a cancer diagnosis.
- Genetic counseling is designed for anyone who is concerned about his or her risk of developing cancer based on family history or personal medical history.
- Pastoral care is offered for the diverse spiritual needs of patients and families.
- Medical Library, located in Self Regional Medical Center, is stocked with information on any health matter.
- Rehabilitative Services help patients build strength, reduce stress and regain independence during and after treatment.
Clinical Research Trials
Through our participation in research trials with the National Cancer Institute and our partnership with the Hollings Cancer Center Clinical Trials Network at the Medical University of South Carolina our patients have access to the most advanced technologies and treatments available while remaining close to home.
Our Healthcare Team
With more than 60 years of experience, our team of highly skilled physicians is dedicated to our patients and the community in which they work and live. Our physician staff includes three, board-certified medical oncologists and two, board-certified radiation oncologists who are supported by a specially trained and compassionate staff that includes a radiation physicist, a dosimetrist, pharmacists, radiation therapists and oncology nurses
The Cancer Center accepts new hematology and oncology patients; please call (864) 725-7353 to make an appointment today. Patients who have confirmed oncology diagnoses will be scheduled within 48-hours of referral from primary care physician.
Please search our physician directory online or call (864) 725-6058 for the name of a physician in your area.
Medical Oncology appointments: Call 725-7100
Radiation Therapy appointments: Call 725-4741