The chaplains at Self Regional are clergy of different faiths who have received extensive training in providing ministry in the healthcare setting. Respect for spiritual or religious preference of patients and families are a key principle in our practice.
Chaplains reach across faith group boundaries and do not proselytize. They have a working knowledge of healthcare and understand the impact illness can have on the emotional and spiritual lives of patients and their loved ones. Chaplains encourage and support patients, families and healthcare professionals to draw on their own religious and spiritual resources to maintain hope, uphold human dignity, and address questions of meaning in the face of crisis or chronic suffering.
Chaplaincy services we provide:
A chaplain is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is called for every code, trauma and death.
- Spiritual support and counseling
- Grief ministry
- Build on the resources of one’s faith
- Help in examination of questions regarding faith, belief and doubt
- Crisis intervention
- Participating in family conferences
- Assist with life support and other ethical issues
- Rounding on all hospital units
- Responding to referrals
- Pre-op visits
- Response to all code blue and trauma calls
- Sacraments of Communion and Baptism
- Special blessings
- End-of-life rituals
- Memorial services
- Ethics consult
- Facilitation of spirituality and grief groups
- Seminars/in-service presentations on subjects such as grief, spiritual resources for healing, spiritual assessment, death and dying, theological reflection, caring for the caregiver, bereavement ministry
- Accredited Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE) for clergy and seminarians
The hospital chapel is located on the first floor near the main entrance, just past the Main Lobby elevators. The chapel is open 24 hours a day for meditation, prayer or quiet reflection.
Quarterly Memorial Services
If you would like to submit a prayer request to the chaplaincy staff, please place it in the Private Prayer Box located on the resource table in the chapel. Prayers are read during our morning staff meeting. Prayer requests may also be submitted directly to (864) 725-4158.
Community Clergy Outreach Events
- Clergy Appreciation Day
Scriptures and devotional literature from a variety of traditions are available upon request from the Chaplaincy Office.
If you would like to know more about the pastoral education program, click here.
The Spiritual Care & Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) Department
Email us at email@example.com
(864) 725-4158 or call (864) 725-4111 and ask for the Chaplain on call
© 2018 Self Regional Healthcare 11325 Spring Street I Greenwood, SC I 296461 (864) 725-4111