Want to Say Thank You to Your Patient Support Staff?
Share Your Story!
What is the BEE Award?
The BEE (Being Exceptional Everyday) Award is a recognition program that honors and celebrates the compassionate care patient support staff provides every day.
Our Bee Award honorees demonstrate the PETAL principles. They portray excellence though expertise and compassionate care. They are recognized as role models in our healthcare community. Each Bee Award honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in his/her unit, and will receive:
- A beautiful certificate
- A Bee Award pin
- A statue commemorating their accomplishment
The PETAL principles:
P: Shows Passion/Compassion in the care they provide every day.
E: Establishes a special connection by the use of kindness, sincerity, and the emotional support of patients and their support systems.
- Keeps patient and support person at the center of care
- Integral member of the care delivery team
- Works collaboratively with the healthcare team to meet patient and support systems’ needs
- Good communicator
A: Always creates the best experience
- Exhibits high standards of professional practice
- Is a role model for attitude and care delivery
- Consistently goes above and beyond
L: Love for their job as demonstrated in the care they provide
- Mentors students and new hires
- Involvement in organization improvement
S: Shows respect
- Treats everyone with kindness, courtesy, and respect
- Portrays a positive attitude
How to nominate an Extraordinary Patient Support Staff Member
Patients, families, visitors, nurses, physicians and other team members may complete this nomination form online (below), OR your printed form can be submitted to any white drop box OR mailed to our Daisy Coordinator: Ali Price Baughman, RN-BSN at: Self Regional Healthcare, Nursing Administration, 1325 Spring St, Greenwood, SC 29646