For life-threatening emergency situations, visit the Emergency Care Center (ECC) at the Self Regional Medical Center. The Emergency Care Center is a designated Level II facility and a designated Level III. The Emergency entrance and parking are located on the Edgefield Street side of Self Regional Medical Center.
The purpose of the Emergency Care Center at Self Regional Medical Center is to provide quality care for all patients who arrive at the hospital 24 hours a day, regardless of age, race, religion or ability to pay, as defined by federal and state laws. The ECC may also be referred to as the Self Regional ER, Emergency Room, ED, or Emergency Department.
- Provide quality care to all patients in accordance with Self Regional Healthcare Policies and Standards of Care.
- Provide adequate and appropriate licensed staff to meet the needs of the patient census 24 hours a day.
- Provide treatment to patients within a reasonable period of time, depending on the critical nature of the injury or illness.
- Provide referral to specialty areas.
- Provide ongoing performance improvement monitoring utilizing the Total Quality Transformation Process when applicable.
- Ensure all staff members within the Emergency Care Center receive appropriate training to maintain skills needed for this specialty department.
- Provide appropriate discharge instructions and follow-up care.
- Keep open communication with ancillary departments.
Skill level of personnel
The Emergency Care Center is staffed by physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, assistant clinical managers, registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, nursing assistants, secretaries and technicians.
ECC Visitation Policy
- Only two visitors at a time, over the age of 10, are allowed at each patient’s bedside in the Self Regional Emergency Care Center.
- Visitors must stay in the room and doors must remain closed.
- Healthcare staff may ask visitors to leave the room and go to the waiting area while special procedures are performed. This makes it easier for us to do our work and helps protect patients’ privacy.
- Sometimes it is necessary to bring testing equipment to a patient’s bedside. At times, several caregivers may need to be in a patient’s room. Limiting the number of visitors helps us provide good care.
- The visitation policy can be adjusted at the discretion of physicians and the nursing staff.
Hours of operation
- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
(Emergency entrance is on Edgefield Street side of the building)
Self Regional Medical Center
1325 Spring St
Greenwood, SC 29646