The Self Regional Healthcare Breast Center is now offering a High Risk Breast Clinic. This clinic provides risk reducing practices for individuals identified with a high lifetime risk of developing breast cancer. It’s a proactive approach to reducing your risks for developing breast cancer and a personalized approach to early detection.
Risk factors that are known to put women at a higher risk for developing breast cancer:
- Genetic predispositions
- Having a male relative with breast cancer
- Having relatives with history of certain cancers
- Personal history of previous biopsy proven atypia (pre-cancer cells)
- Dense breast tissue (identified by mammogram)
- Chest wall radiation
At the High Risk Breast Clinic, you’ll receive:
- Care tailored to your specific needs
- Personal plan developed and managed by one of our board-certified Medical Oncologists
- Plans may include a genetics referral, an individualized screening care plan, medical intervention and prophylactic (preventive) surgery options
For more information
For more information or to have a free screening consultation call (864) 725-5977.